Searching for information

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
brianwolff

Searching for information

Post by brianwolff »

John, I think you've been doing a fantastic job on DM. It is a really useful tool!

Have you considered expanding the way the find box works? Let's say that you remember some information about a donor, eg. first name, email address, or a comment in your notes, but you can't remember the last name of the person. If the find box expanded its search to other areas it would be easier to locate that information.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

New feature on the "find" boxes

Post by jmuehleisen »

Brian,

You wrote:
Have you considered expanding the way the find box works? Let's say that you remember some information about a donor, eg. first name, email address, or a comment in your notes, but you can't remember the last name of the person. If the find box expanded its search to other areas it would be easier to locate that information.
Beginning with 5.25 beta 12, there is a new feature in the "find" box on the home page and the partner details page that I think will help with this.

As you know, in this box you can enter a last name or a donor id number and the program will try to find the person you are looking for.

Now, if you put a * in front of your search text, the program will look just about everywhere (all of the main data fields) for your text. It's a bit slower since the search is looking at more data fields, but it's not too slow.

Hopefully this will help! Great suggestion. I've used it a few times myself already.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation