Additional Email Address

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
Whitney

Additional Email Address

Post by Whitney »

Hi,

We've found that many of our entries are couples where the husband and wife each have an email address yet we can only enter one in the main contact information that will be pulled for bulk emails. Rather than make another entry, we thought it might be helpful to have something like an "Email2" field.

Thanks for the wonderful tool!

David
sendcroatia
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Semicolon

Post by sendcroatia »

Seperate multiple email addresses in the email field with a semicolon ( ; ) and you will achieve your desired results. That said, I agree that yours is a good idea.
Michael

How will they hear unless someone is sent?
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

multiple email addresses

Post by jmuehleisen »

David,

Michael's suggestion is correct. You can "stack" multiple email addresses on the e-mail line:

john@gofish.com; beth@gofish.com

Or, here's yet another alternative.

You can also put additional e-mail addresses on the "More Info" tab.

You can put: "Beth's E-Mail" in the "Description" field, and beth@gofish.com in the "Information Field."

Then, put a check mark in the "Send" field, and the Donor Manager will treat it as an additional email address.

You can put as many addresses as you want on the "More info" tab. Just be sure to "check" the send box.

I hope that helps!
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
sendcroatia
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Flexible

Post by sendcroatia »

I have not been using the More Info tab. I didn't realize how powerful or flexible it could be. Nice.
Michael

How will they hear unless someone is sent?
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Using the "More Info" tab

Post by jmuehleisen »

Well, the "more info" tab is one of those flexible things.

You can put just about anything you want down in there. It was for people who keep tons and tons of information about people, and there are just some things that defy categorization.

So, it's kind of a "catch all" place to put all those little bits of info.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation