What's coming in future versions?

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

What's coming in future versions?

Post by jmuehleisen »

So far, here are some of the things that are "in the works" for future versions of the Donor Manager. Fee free to chime in with your comments.

E-Mail support
  • better support for multiple email addresses / should be done for 5.25
    sending of personalized bulk emails from within the program / 5.26 maybe
    support for bulk sending personalize html email / 5.26
Supporter Information
  • space for more phone numbers / should get this in 5.25 / may combine with multiple email addresses (not sure)
Reports
  • get 12 month history working completely with monthly contribution report
    ability to set a filter based on state / 5.25 perhaps
    fix some formatting problems with labels / 5.25
    An update to the FoxFire reporting data dictionary to reflect recent changes in the program
Analysis
  • add some graphs / 5.26
    add rolling average for giving analysis
Overall
  • move to FoxPro 8 for better XML support and support of XP themes
    More extensive graphing
    Add "send this report to Excel / Word / HTML / PDF" feature
    Develop video tutorials on various parts of how to use the program (in the works now ...
    Synchronization with Outlook (2 way)
    Support (perhaps via Outlook) for synchronizing with Palm and Pocket PC PDAs
Last edited by jmuehleisen on Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
wancaman

enhancements

Post by wancaman »

i'd like to see the "state" field expanded to allow abbreviations longer than 2 characters such as NSW for new south wales in australia.

also, i'd like to see the phone number field expanded to allow longer international numbers which may exceed the current limits.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

State / phone field size increased

Post by jmuehleisen »

i'd like to see the "state" field expanded to allow abbreviations longer than 2 characters such as NSW for new south wales in australia.

also, i'd like to see the phone number field expanded to allow longer international numbers which may exceed the current limits.
The state field size has been increased to 3 for Australia support. The phone numbers have been increased to 25 characters for better international phone number support.

These will be in version 5.25, starting with beta 8.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation