report for touches or full text search?

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
elke

report for touches or full text search?

Post by elke »

It would be nice to have a full text search feature. Here is where I missed it:

I sent out a little calendar for Christmas to most of my supporters, plus to some people that are not on the financial supporter list. I added these as touches, but have not found a way to print a report for these touches. So if I want to recall, who all got this calender, how can I do it? The easiest would be if there was a feature to get reports on touches at a certain time, or to get a report on touches containing certain words. Or else if there was a full text search, I could at least jump from one entry to the next and find it out that way.

Greetings from Elke
Wycliffe International
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

full text searches

Post by jmuehleisen »

Hi Elke,

I have good news and bad news.

First the bad news. The current version of the DM does not provide a way to filter on data in the "touches" table. So, you can't set a filter saying "show me all names where these certain words are somewhere in the partner's touch file."

But, you can do a full text search on just about anything in the donor master file. Just preface your search info with a period / full stop (.). That will extend the search to any bit of data in the master record (but, alas, not the "daughter" tables).

But, I will add "do some reports based on touches" to my do list for future versions of the programme.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation