Prayer Request Function

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
k.davis
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Prayer Request Function

Post by k.davis »

How about an additional tab which gives the ability to record prayer requests for each of our support team members with a corresponding report? This would be an optimal way to keep track of how to more specifically pray for our team. Thanks.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

tracking prayer requests

Post by jmuehleisen »

Interesting idea.

I'm thinking, though, rather than adding a tab just for prayer requests, I could enhance one of the other tabs (the "touches" for example) to handle stuff like this,

Then, perhaps, I could make a report that lets you see specific "touch" types, that way you could filter the report as you wish.

Plus, others may come up with other ideas on how to use this.

Let me think on that. Other people, what do you think on this?
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
guitarmanvt
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Post by guitarmanvt »

Like the idea. I've tried the "PRAYER" Touch approach, which works if you make a custom report that filters by "PRAYER" type.

However, right now, the most effective thing for me is to just stick the request in the NOTES textbox on the "Partner Information" tab. That way, it's there at a glance; it also shows up in many partner listing reports.

This works better for me, because I usually can only handle one prayer item per partner; that is, if I'm serious about praying for them. When I next talk to them, I can ask what else they need prayer for. The new request usually replaces the old one. ('Course, I've only been doing this a few months, so it'll probably change.)