ph #'s and work title/company

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
DNev

ph #'s and work title/company

Post by DNev »

I have needed to enter more phone numbers than what is currently allowed. IE: Home, Work, Fax, Cell, His or her cell numbers, etc. Any thoughts on adding these possibilities?

Under the Occupation section it would be nice to have a listing for the company and then position held. Something like:

"Company/Work: The Wagner Corporation"
and then something like

"Job / Position: Sr. Vice President, Business Development"
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Phone numbers / company info, etc.

Post by jmuehleisen »

Excellent suggestions.

Well, one possibility is to just put the extra phone numbers in the comments section - that's pretty open ended. Likewise for the job info (if there isn't enough room on the occupation line).

That's what i do, anyway.

I could make fields just for these items ... that's not a problem, but the question is where would I put them? I'm running out of screen room.

Now, I could always add another tabbed page to the bottom half of the partners screen. In fact, I'm already adding another page to handle multiple (re-unlimited) email addresses.

Now that I think about it, I could easily modify that screen so that it could handle phone numbers as well as e-mail addresses. That way you could have an unlimited number of each.

Perhaps others who read this will have some ideas and will chime in as well.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
Ken Kruzan

Multiple Phone numbers

Post by Ken Kruzan »

Why not show them as a pull down list with two columns. one for the phone number and one for the type of number ( cell, work, home etc.)