Import Donor Gift information from Excel Spreadsheet

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.

Import Donor Gift information from Excel Spreadsheet

Post by Guest »

I'm a new Donor Manager user and having developed an Access Database of my own, I am loving a lot of the tools you have. I also have a few suggestions I will post separately.

The most urgent for me would be the ability to import gift history from an excel spreadsheet -- you name the fields -- I just don't want to have to enter all of my donor history manually!

I can export all of my gift details to an excel file, arrange columns etc. if you can just give me a sample to match.

Thanks
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

importing from Excel

Post by jmuehleisen »

The DM has an "Import from Excel" tool.

Using the "pull down" menus (/File /Edit /Reports /Tools) at the very top of the screen, take a look at /Tools /Import /Import from Excel.

See if that helps.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
markb

Import Gift history

Post by markb »

Thanks, again, John for your quicky reply.

Actually I was looking for a way to import donor gift information, not the address information. Is there a way to import the Giving Information from an Excel file?

Looking at the Manual Gift Entry screen I would guess I need the following fields:
Gift Month
Gift Year
Donor ID or Last Name
Gift Amount
Fund/Designation
Motivation Code

Would I need to set up/import a list of Fund/Designation Codes first? Motivation Codes?

Thanks again for developing this great tool.
Mark
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

importing gift information

Post by jmuehleisen »

There is no "stock" way to import gift information. But, I've written custom gift importers for lots of people ... it generally only takes me about 10 minutes, and saves you a bit more than that!

Send me a sample of your gifts file and I'll take a look at it. Excel format is fine.

Send it to john@donormanager.com
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation