Import address book

Post your ideas here on new features you would like to see included in future versions of the Donor Manager.
jernigan
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Import address book

Post by jernigan »

Hey John,

Recently when I was using Skype (http://www.skype.com) I saw that it could search my Outlook and see if there were any users in my address book to add to my Skype contacts... then the idea came to add the feature to DonorManager that would...

Import any names and addresses that are currently not in DonorManager that are in Outlook/Outlook Express so that you increase your mailing list and are effective in mailing and keeping in touch with everyone that you email.

What do you think?

Thanks,
A.J.
Last edited by jernigan on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Import address book

Post by jmuehleisen »

Andrew,

Good suggestion. I'll have to scratch my head a bit on it, though.

A couple of things make it difficult.

First of all, the way the DM keeps names is so totally different than the way OL and OE keep names that the import, while technically easy to do, is tricky for the DM to decide who is and who is not already in the DM.

I'm thinking about changing the way the DM keeps name info internally, but I haven't yet decided to take the plunge. And the main reason is to support synching with Outlook (and Palm / Pocket PC / etc.).
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation