How does one know when there is an update?

A place for discussion on how to use the program more effectively

kbradford

How does one know when there is an update?

Post by kbradford »

I just found a forum post mentioning the 6.08.01 update and installed it. There doesn't seem to be any information on how to find out when there is an update to the program (like you used to be able to do with the live update link in version 5). I know you can download the update from the web site, but the date on it says 24 July 2014, and there is no information about version number that would let me know that there had been any bug fixes since my version (which is on the bottom of the front screen). Is there a way to know when new updates come out (like 6.08.02, or whatever the next one is)?

Thanks!
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: How does one know when there is an update?

Post by jmuehleisen »

There should be a "Live Update / Check online for program updates" menu item on the DM "Home Page / Main Menu."

That works the same as it did in DM 5.

It should be the first item in the third column of items under "Online."

I encourage people to check this whenever they start a session of doing anything significant in the program.

Usually there is an update every week or so, and if i am actively working on programming, there is often an update every day or two.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation