How to use Fund source?

A place for discussion on how to use the program more effectively

bookwurm70

How to use Fund source?

Post by bookwurm70 »

I am curious as to what the purpose of the fund source option is for gifts. I notice this is something that can be modified and shows up in the report of funds pledged, but I am not sure what the purpose is or how it can be used.

I am just starting support raising, so there could be something I might run into in the future that this would be helpful for.

Thanks!
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

How to use Fund source?

Post by jmuehleisen »

The Fund Source was designed to meet a specific need in my mission. It is designed to answer the question, "How is it that this person / group took support in my ministry? Was it through a personal visit, a letter, a phone call, what? What prompted them to actually make a financial commitment?"

The idea was to enable staff to evaluate the effectivness of various support development efforts in terms of number of people and amount raised.

There is a report somewhere that gives the summary of this.

And, as you noticed, you can customize it somewhat to meet your own needs.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
Pavel

Re: How to use Fund source?

Post by Pavel »

Hello!

My name is Pavel. I'm from Russia. I work for Moscow Evangelical Christian Seminary managing the donor information.

We are investigating the program right now. The difficulty we faced with is in the need of keeping record and analyzing of the giving purpose dynamics. For example: a donor can donate $10 to the students' account, $200 to the building account, etc. at the same time. The seminary has been keeping the records for two years.

Is it possible to use the Fund source tool for this? How to create reports with this element?

Thank you.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Fund accounting and the Donor Manager

Post by jmuehleisen »

Pavel,

Thanks for your nice note.

I think I understand what you are trying to do, and, unfortunately, the Donor Manager simply wasn't designed to track what you are referring to.

I've written fund accounting software and donor receipting programs for organizations, so I think I know what you are needing. But, you really would not be satisfied with the Donor Manager in this regard.

Sorry.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation