Installation problem

Are you needing help with installing the Donor Manager program? Here's the place to post your questions! However, please don't use this forum to post bug reports.

TSasnett
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Installation problem

Post by TSasnett »

I am setting up the program on a different computer and I had the error message of "cannot locate the Microsoft Visual FoxPro support library". Can you give me some input on what I need to do?
Todd Sasnett
WBT/JAARS
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

setting up on a new computer

Post by jmuehleisen »

When setting up the DM on a new computer, it's generally best to do a "full installation" in order to get the "support library / run time" files installed properly.

The DM consists of the file donor.exe which installes in c:\donor5 (or wherever you decide to put it), plus several files which are installed in the c:\windows\system32 folder. These are the "support library files" and are all named beginning with vfp6*.*. There are several files (4 I think) that make up the support library, and all are needed to run the DM.

So, you can either do a full install (and then be sure to update to the latest version), or you can just copy those files from the \windows\system32 folder on machine 1 and put them onto machine 2.

Just as a note: reinstalling the DM on a computer does NOT affect your data files, so you don't need to worry about them getting hit by a reinstall.

I hope that helps.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation