Pack and Go not working

Are you needing help with installing the Donor Manager program? Here's the place to post your questions! However, please don't use this forum to post bug reports.

sgmorgan
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Pack and Go not working

Post by sgmorgan »

I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 7. I installed DM on the new computer and then followed the pack and go instructions on the old one. I inserted the flash drive in the new computer and followed the pack and go instructions. A message appears that DM will restart with my new info, but nothing happens. When I manually restart the program, my information is not present.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: Pack and Go not working

Post by jmuehleisen »

Thanks for this information. I have not yet tried the Pack and Go on Windows 7 ... well, I've not tried anything on Windows 7!

Perhaps there is a compatibility problem ... that's my best guess. But generally, they report an error.

What folder did you install your Donor Manager into ? Did you install it into c:\donor5, or did you possibly install it into c:\Program Files\Donor 5 (or something like that)?

I know that Vista doesn't like data to be under the program folder and tries to put it in a "virtual" folder, and that causes hiccups with various parts of the DM.

If so, then try reinstalling the program into c:\donor5 and see if that makes a difference.

Let me know how that goes.

If that doesn't work, you can always just copy the contents of the "data" folder under your donor manager installation on computer number 1 and put those files into the "data" folder under the donor 5 program folder on computer 2.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation