uninstall Donor Manager

Are you needing help with installing the Donor Manager program? Here's the place to post your questions! However, please don't use this forum to post bug reports.

bluheron1

uninstall Donor Manager

Post by bluheron1 »

I am not currently using Donor Manager and I would like to uninstall it, but I can't find a way to do it. There doesn't seem to be an uninstall program built in, and my "Add/Remove Progams" in Windows XP's control panel doesn't even see that Donor Manager is loaded on the computer. How should I go about uninstalling?

Thanks!
Chris
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

How to Uninstall the Donor Manager

Post by jmuehleisen »

Chris,

The Donor Manager may be listed in your Add / Remove programs as "WGM Donor Manager". Check that first.

If it isn't there, then you can do a manual uninstall. Here's how.

The Donor Manager puts files in 2 locations: The c:\donor5 folder (if you do a default installation), and the folders under that.

So simply delete that folder.

Second, the Visual FoxPro runtime files are installed in the c:\windows\system32 folder. You should leave them there if you use any other programs that are VFP based. If you are sure that you don't have any other VFP based programs, then simply delete vfp*.* in the system32 folder (3 files I think).

There is one active-x entry that may be made in the registry by the custom report writer, but it is a fairly common entry and I would not delete it as it may affect other programs.

Now, the program (at your option) also makes some backups of its data in the My Documents folder. So, there may be a folder in My Documents titled "Donor Manager Data Backup", and there may be an Excel file titled "PartnerNames.xls" in My Documents.

That's about it. Visual FoxPro is a very clean installing program and doesn't scatter stuff around (like some other programs sometimes do).

Let me know if I can help you any further.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
bluheron1

It worked

Post by bluheron1 »

Thanks! That was a lot easier than I anticipated.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

re: it was easy

Post by jmuehleisen »

Hey, that's our job! To make things easy for you.

Actually, Visual FoxPro does extremely clean installations, and that makes it easy to uninstall as well. It's a great tool for software development!

http://www.microsoft.com/vfoxpro
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation