Importing from Outlook 2007

Are you needing help with installing the Donor Manager program? Here's the place to post your questions! However, please don't use this forum to post bug reports.

lizpfeifer
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Importing from Outlook 2007

Post by lizpfeifer »

When I started using Donor Manager a few years ago, I exported my contacts from Outlook 2003 into Donor Manager without any problems. Last week I was working with a colleague who uses Outlook 2007 (which I now use also).
We tried the Excel export from Outlook (saved as 97-2003 version), but there are too many fields in the import and many of them do not show up on the match fields screen in the Donor Manager import. Email address is not one of the fields shown in the list of 30 fields available to be matched.
We tried opening the Excel file then deleting some of the columns not required, then saving it again as 97-2003 version. When we tried to import this file into Donor Manager, a Windows message was displayed indicating an Application Crash and Donor Manager needs to be closed.
In Outlook 2007, there is not an option to export into the DBase format (DBF). Donor Manager will not import files in MS Access 97-2003 format (MDB), displaying an error telling the user to export the data from Outlook in FoxPro format (which is not possible in Outlook 2007)
I tried exporting from Outlook in Access 2003 format then trying to convert it to DBase format, but an error message is received in Access: "Cannot define field more than once".
Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution?
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Re: Importing from Outlook 2007

Post by jmuehleisen »

Sorry you are running into problems here.

Outlook 2007 does indeed have a lot more files and it can cause the DM importer some problems.

I'm actually working on an OL 2007 specific importer, but it just isn't ready for use yet. But when I get it ready, I'll let you know. If I get some time, I'll try to finish it up this week.

John
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
mhf

Post by mhf »

Hi John,

I just installed Donor Manager but am having problems getting my contact info from Outlook 2007 (using Vista). I was wondering if you had finished the Outlook 2007 specific importer which you mentioned in your post from June 29th last year?

thanks,
Mike
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

Actually it is done, but I just put it into DM 6 and have not yet put it into DM 5.

Let me see how difficult it would be to stick it into DM 5. I'll let you know.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation