Part of the screen is off the screen on the left side

Are you needing help with installing the Donor Manager program? Here's the place to post your questions! However, please don't use this forum to post bug reports.

manningt

Part of the screen is off the screen on the left side

Post by manningt »

I installed DM on Win XP. The left part of all of the screens are out of view on a maximized window. I have been unable to make them visible. I can't see some of the menu items necessary to use the program. What can I do?
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Post by jmuehleisen »

I haven't seen this problem before.

Let's check a few things, though. First of all, I don't think it's related at all to the fact that you are running on XP.

Now, what screen resolution do you have your computer set for. The DM requires 800 x 600 at a minimum, and does better at a higher resolution.

That would be my guess as a first place to start.

Here's another suggestion: with the donor manager NOT running, look in your c:\donor5 folder (or wherever you installed the program). Look for 2 files that begin with foxuser.* Delete these 2 files.

Then start up the program again. See if that helps at all. Let me know how it goes.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
manningt

re: window off screen

Post by manningt »

Dear John
I found some old files from a previous installation which were not deleted when I uninstalled an earlier version of DM. After manually deleting them and reinstalling all is well. Thank You for your help.

Tim
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Post by jmuehleisen »

Great. I'm glad that you were able to solve the problem!
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation