Printing Envelopes

Here are the most frequently asked questions about the Donor Manager. You might even find a few answers !

Wes Peterson

Printing Envelopes

Post by Wes Peterson »

I have all the addresses into word to print envelopes but how do I change the all the return address labels?
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Customizing envelope return addresses

Post by jmuehleisen »

Hi Wes,

I'm not sure I follow your question, but I think you're asking "How do I put MY name and address on the Word envelopes that the DM produces?"

If I understood you right, here's how you do it: the key is to "customize" the envelope template.

The default template that comes with the Donor Manager is simply called "envelope.doc". On the envelope printing page in the donor manager, there is a button just under the name of the template that is titled "Edit Envelope Template."

Click on that. That will open the envelope template in Word, and you can than modify the return address, etc. Don't mess up the address block for the recipient. You can change fonts, etc., but leave the fields as they are set so the DM know where to merge your recipient names and addresses.

Oh, if you really mess things up, you can re-create the default envelope template by choosing (from the pull down menus at the very top of your screen): /Tools /Create New Envelope Template).

If I mis-understood your question, let me know and we'll try again to get the write answer.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
wes_peterson@tsco.org

THANKS

Post by wes_peterson@tsco.org »

John, Thank you! For some reason I never thought to save the customized template. So now I am ready to go!