How do I import gift information from other programs

Here are the most frequently asked questions about the Donor Manager. You might even find a few answers !

RSClark

How do I import gift information from other programs

Post by RSClark »

I've been using another donor tracking program and have giving data from the last 4 1/2 years. I'd like to switch over to your program without having to key in all the giving data by hand. I have exported it in Excel & Dbase formats, but I keep getting an error that says Donor Manager doesn't recognize the file type. What should I do?

Thanks,

RSClark
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

importing gift history

Post by jmuehleisen »

There is no "out of the box" way of importing gift history from other programs at present.

However, I've done dozens of these conversions for folks, and it usually takes only a few minutes to put together a customized importer.

One of the challenges is linking the donor table with the contributions table. If you have data in dBase format or Excel format, it should be a snap to do this, though.

Contact me by email: john@donormanager.com and I'll be glad to help. It usually takes me just a few minutes to do this, and there is, of course, no charge for this service.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation