data won't transfer

Here are the most frequently asked questions about the Donor Manager. You might even find a few answers !

erno0003
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

data won't transfer

Post by erno0003 »

I keep getting the message "Cannot locate the Microsoft Visual FoxPro support library" when I try to transfer my Donor Manager data to a new computer.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

re: cannot find the visual foxpro support libraries

Post by jmuehleisen »

When the DM is installed on a computer, it puts most of its files in c:\donor5 (and folders below that).

But, the Visual FoxPro support library is customarily placed in c:\windows\system32.

And the "Full installer" puts the files there properly.

So, for example, if you simply copy c:\donor5 (or c:\Program Files\donor5) to a new computer, you won't get those files that are put into the \windows\system32 folder.

So, you can simply re-download and install the "full install" of the DM and it will put them there for you (plus make your short cuts on the menu, quick launch bar if desired, and put in the "uninstaller"), or you can download an installer for just the support files here: http://donormanager.com/special-downloads

Either one of those should get you back up and running.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation