Adaptable for Linux and Netscape?

Here are the most frequently asked questions about the Donor Manager. You might even find a few answers !

jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: Adaptable for Linux and Netscape?

Post by jmuehleisen »

I'd love to have someone test this for me by downloading the beta for DM 6, as i don't have a linux machine for testing.

Let me know what you find out.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
lizpfeifer

Post by lizpfeifer »

I don't have a Linux machine myself either. Is someone else in this forum able to test it?
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

I note that the discussion here is 5 years old, so I just want to confirm it before responding to him.
DM 5 was written in Fox 6, which runs fine under WINE.

Now, DM 6 is written in Fox 9 ... that's what I'm not sure of, so if a Linux user could test DM 6 beta will run under WINE, that would be the ultimate test.

And I'd love to know how that comes out.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
Rclip

Post by Rclip »

HI, I'm new to this forum, but I thought I'd say that as a missionary who uses Linux, I'd be happy to test DM6 beta on my Ubuntu Linux 9.10 computer.
I'll download it, test it in WINE (I've got the latest WINE for Ubuntu which is 1.1.35). I'll post what happens, as I really want DM to work with WINE.
Serving the Savior,

-Rclip
Rclip

Post by Rclip »

Well, to comment on my previous post, I downloaded DM6 beta 10, installed via WINE, and ran the program. It opened without a problem, although on install it gave me an error about a DLL file. Next I'll need to try DM with some data to see if it works.

Thanks for this great program,

-Rclip
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

Thanks for being willing to help with this.

I did get a chance to test the DM 6 beta on Ubuntu 8.04 the other day, and it worked OK, mostly.

A few didn't work (like the zip backup routine) because it was calling a .dll in the \system32 folder, but I think I can get around that pretty easily.

I just need to move the dlls into the Donor Manager program folder ... it should fix that issue.

And, there were some minor font differences.

So, let me know your experience as well.
John Muehleisen
Rclip

Post by Rclip »

Yeah, actually that's the very DLL that it said there was problems with. zipit.dll in the system32 folder.
Well, I'm glad to hear that it's working in Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, apparently it also works in 9.10. Hallelujah!

I love the new look to DM! Definetly a good thing.

Regards,

-Rclip
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

I've uploaded the three files (zipit.dll, unzip32.dll, and zip32.dll) that are need to make the Donor Manager 6 zip routines work on a Linux (and presumably) Mac.

These files install properly on a Windows machine, but fail to install properly on Linux. So, download these, drop them into your Donor Manager 6 program folder, and then give the "data transfer" / "Pack and Go" routines a try.

You can download these files from the "Special Downloads" section of this site (see the link on the right menu sidebar), or you can follow this link:

http://www.donormanager.com/special-dow ... s-for-dm-6
John Muehleisen