Sending e-mails to multiple addresses under same name

Here are the most frequently asked questions about the Donor Manager. You might even find a few answers !

drowninginblessing
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Sending e-mails to multiple addresses under same name

Post by drowninginblessing »

Hello DM forum,

I appreciate that DM allows a place under each contact to store more than one e-mail address record. However, I would like to send bulk e-mails to both addresses under the same name (for instance, both the husband and wife's e-mail address). Does Donor Manager have a way to do this?

I know I can create a new contract entry for each name, but would rather keep the info under the same family name.

Thank you.

Rachel Miller
Rachel
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: Sending e-mails to multiple addresses under same name

Post by jmuehleisen »

The Donor Manager can handle this for you, no problem.

Put the additional email address on the "More Info" tab, and be sure to put a check mark in the "Send" column.

Then, when you create messages, it will pull all of the email addresses that you have for that partner and create a message (or a merge entry) for each one.

So, if you have john@donormanager.com, and beth@donormanager.com (on the "more info" tab), it will send a message to both addresses.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
kisaac

Post by kisaac »

I was wanting to do this same thing, and this works great. The only problem is that the donor is still counted as 1 for email batches. That means that I get more than the 25 addresses per message I was expecting. Its really bad for my one contact which is a church's mission committee with 7 email addresses!
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

Thanks for this info.

In the next major update to the DM ... each of those individual addresses will be made distinct entries in the batches, so that should help.

One thing you could try ... instead of "stacking" the list of email addresses in the one "email" field ... add them to the "More Info" fields ... and check the "Send" box (to tell the DM that is a live email address).

That may work better for you.

But this will be addressed in DM 6.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation