Deleted email addresses still appearing in batches

Here are the most frequently asked questions about the Donor Manager. You might even find a few answers !

Nick_Kircher
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Deleted email addresses still appearing in batches

Post by Nick_Kircher »

Greetings:

My sister-in-law, who helps us with our newsletters, reports that some of the email addresses that have been deleted still appear when she creates a new batch of emails. Apparently, the mailing is also going to the new, corrected email address. We want to get rid of the old one for good! Does anyone have any thoughts on where we should look to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Nick Kircher
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: Deleted email addresses still appearing in batches

Post by jmuehleisen »

Nick,

What version of the Donor Manager is she using?
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
dalehoskins

Post by dalehoskins »

I'm using the latest version (6.18), and Windows 8.1
I have the same problem, but I think I've figured out a work-around. I recently discovered that Donor Manager creates batches based on the data in the Email/Social tab, rather than what is in the email field in the main window (just below the Country and phone #). So whenever I replace an email address in the main window, it adds it to the Email/Social tab, but it doesn't delete the old one from that tab. Therefore, my work-around is to verify what is in the Email/Social tab rather then in the main window. I don't really understand this Email/Social tab and I found nothing on it in the latest User's Guide.

Donor Manager also keeps adding the same website information in the Email/Social tab. I don't know the significance of this, but it is worrisome to me until I understand it, I think it gets added whenever I get a messages saying "The social table (e-mail, web, and social networks) has been refreshed. I don't understand what I'm doing to get that message, but it appears whenever I ask for an email address report.

I hope this work-around is helpful and I hope to learn a better solution.
Dale Hoskins
Nick_Kircher
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Post by Nick_Kircher »

Thanks Dale! It has taken me this long to get back to the website and check on my question!

We will try it!

Nick Kircher
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

Let me add a bit to this conversation.

First of all, be sure you have the latest DM (6.27.01 at this time).

This fixes a bug that sometimes occured in previous versions that caused this behavlor.

If it still continues, there is an option on the Tools menu to "Refresh email and social addresses" (or something like that).

If problems persist, let me know and I'll dig a bit deeper.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation