How to setup an excel file to import into DM?

Here are the most frequently asked questions about the Donor Manager. You might even find a few answers !

CEFman
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: How to setup an excel file to import into DM?

Post by CEFman »

I am just finding out about this program even though in the ministry a long time.

I am wondering what how to set up the field tabs to import into DM. I did see the later post a about a general import but not all the columns line up.

My Mission organization is willing to set up a CSV or Excel sheet for me but I need to know what the fields are.

If our organization is wanting to use this program, How does one go about getting their organization on the list of imports?

Thanks so much!
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Re: How to setup an excel file to import into DM?

Post by jmuehleisen »

I replied to your email, but if you can get your office to generate a csv file, I can make a gift importer.

(And would love to for CEF ... I'm a huge fan).

Basically DM is looking for gift information that fits the pattern of this file:

http://donormanager.com/docs/DM-Gift-Import-Schema.pdf

What the gift import routine in the program does is to take whatever file format an organization supplies and "massage" it into a CSV in the format of that file.

So, the closer a giving file is to that the easier it is for me to write a gift importer.

And if it is a CSV file, I can often do those in about 5 to 10 minutes.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation