Mulitple addresses for individual members of the committee

Here are the most frequently asked questions about the Donor Manager. You might even find a few answers !

Penpowells

Post by Penpowells »

John,

One of our supporting churches has asked that we address all e-mails to the missions committee as individuals. At this point they have seven members with seven addresses.

Is there a way that I can "link" all the addresses to the main church address? I have experimented with adding several addresses to the church e-mail address line but it seems to be limited.

Once again - my heartfelt thanks for this wonderful tool!
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Post by jmuehleisen »

Well, there are a couple of different ways you could solve this problem.

One way would be to add the seven individuals to your mailing list and put their email addresses and other information in each record. Then link these people to the church and make some notation that they are on the missions committee, or something like that.

The advantage here is that by making them individuals in your database, you will work to develop your partner relationship with them, even after they are no longer on the church's missions committee. Hopefully they will become life-long friends of your ministry.

Another possibility is to add their information in the "More Info" tab of the church's record. If you put their name in the "Description" column and their email address in the "Information / E-Mail" column.

Then (and this is an important step), put a check mark in the "Send" column. This will tell the Donor Manager that this is an email address that should be included when sending emails to the parent record.

I hope that helps. Personally, I'd go with the "Create a partner record for each committee member."
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation