using donor manager

Here are the most frequently asked questions about the Donor Manager. You might even find a few answers !

jacobm

using donor manager

Post by jacobm »

Would you suggest placing everyone on our mailing list onto donor manager or should we keep them in another data base (outlook?) until they become a donor?

Jacob M
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

should I put non donors in the DM?

Post by jmuehleisen »

Well, I put everyone in the DM, whether or not they have taken support. In fact, I probably have 3 times as many non-donors as I do donors.

But, different people may have different ideas on this.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
Caryl

Putting all names into Database

Post by Caryl »

I have all my names and churches in the donorbase. About 460 and that is with some thinning down of people I put on, moves, etc. I keep my contact notes, birthdays, office hours, directions etc. in the database and just merge the files when needed.

During my support raising time, I mailed to all, including some of the churches who had said no for me to share, but seemed to have some type of interest, that led me to keep them on.

Interestingly, I am now supported by a couple of those churches a year later or more, and one is considering support.

Also, since Wycliffe put a deadline on my support or resign, now in it's in the final couple of months that people are coming out of the woodwork on that mailing list and supporting me. I have a week to go to the deadline and I will make it!

Last time I looked at figures (a while back), about 26% of my mailing were donors, not necessarily pledged supporters. I have 78 pledged donors to a monthly, quarterly or yearly basis currently and it's growing daily!