Newsletter and web page coordination

This forum is for general discussion on support development topics rather than Donor Manager software specific issues.
MrZed

Newsletter and web page coordination

Post by MrZed »

As more and more of our ministry partners have e-mail and online access I have moved to composing our newsletters on the web page. When it comes time to remind people that you have something new to share I browse to the web site of the newsletter. I highlight all of the page (select all) then copy and paste the contents into a blank e-mail. The web site will now appear in the body of the e-mail. (Most browsers will simply attach the page if you click on File Send by e-mail. The attached page may not show up immediately when the message is opened. (avoid the send as link. I've encountered a number of folks that don't know what to do with this or don't bother going to the link). The partner receives a message that looks like your web page. He can click on the links and integrate with the rest of your web site.

Notes:

1. Include a text version (usually an option in the e-mail program) so that those who cannot view internet content will still get the text of your message.

1a, alternately, send a text only version to those that need it

2. For multiple addresses use the Blink Carbon Copy addressing.

3. Consider sending yourself a test version of the message just to be sure that the graphics and everything look right.

4. For those that don't have e-mail, just print the web page on paper and send it in the snail mail.

5. As a sample online newsletter see www.zacharyfamily.com/June04 .

Dan

PS Consider including a pleasant reminder to the reader to print a copy of the message to share with the rest of the family! Post it on the refrigerator.