Suggested improvement: more searching options

This forum is for general discussion on support development topics rather than Donor Manager software specific issues.
marg-in-tx
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Suggested improvement: more searching options

Post by marg-in-tx »

I would LOVE a search feature, other than just last name. I often need to know WHO belongs to a certain e-mail address, or find the correct full address when I don't know the name, or remember someone's first name, or cchild's name, but not their last name, and can't search for it.

THANKS!
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

try a "smart search"

Post by jmuehleisen »

Today is your day! That feature is already in the donor manager.

Just preface your search with a period (.) and the Donor Manager will search ALL fields for your data, not just the last name.

So, if you search for .@aol.com, you will get a list of all people with their e-mail address at @aol.com.

I use this a lot when an e-mail bounces and I just can't remember who "eatmoregrits@hotmail.com" actually is. A quick search for ".grits" will get it for me!

If you search for .SusyQ and you have someone whose child is named SuzyQ, it will pick that up (assuming, of course, that you put it in!).

Here's some more information on this:

http://www.donormanager.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=235

I hope that helps!
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation