Email Newsletters

This forum is for general discussion on support development topics rather than Donor Manager software specific issues.
jernigan
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

Email Newsletters

Post by jernigan »

Hey everyone,

After using it for several months now I feel it's very worthwhile to recommend a service to you all called Emma that gives your the ability to send up to 1000 email newsletters per month in a classy format, with photos.

I found it because I needed to:
- send photos and people could not receive them, too big
- send photos and my connection might not be good enough
- send to lots of people and they would filter me since too many sent
- send to lots and my program thought I was spamming
- send it without it being an attachment since it would not get through
- have a easy format to follow that would be consistent
- know who got it and who didn't receive it
- know which emails bounced
- know which people opened it and followed the links in it.

What I found was really unbelievable since people read it and I can see who actually did in live time reporting, and it's $30 per month!

It's way cheap and no...I don't work for them, but just so happy to get email newsletters to the 590 email addresses I communicate with and they forward it on (I can see it in my report of responses).

Go to http://www.myemma.com and check it out! There is a set up fee of $250, but it is WELL worth it. We have sent appeals in the last few months that only went out by email and had HUGE responses so it's sure paid for itself for us. People like to be able to see pictures and see it professionally done (but it's just a template that you complete with text and pics in many different formats to choose from so it's different each time if you want to in subtle ways).

Let me know if you have thoughts or questions, hope this can help you. Tell them I told you about them if they ask :) since they serve huge organizations normally, yet it's cost effective even for missionaries.

Blessings,
A.J.
Last edited by jernigan on Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Delete Manually entered Gift

Post by jmuehleisen »

Another service that I have used is E-Mail Counts.

www.emailcounts.com

A little cumbersome at times, but the newsletters always get good comments.

It's quite a bit cheaper than some that I have seen.
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation