Recommendations for Newsletter mailing services ?

This forum is for general discussion on support development topics rather than Donor Manager software specific issues.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin
Type the middle number, please (202): 202

Recommendations for Newsletter mailing services ?

Post by jmuehleisen »

I was wondering if any of you can give a recommendation for a newsletter mailing service. We're considering using one, and I'd love to hear your experiences, recommendations, hints, and thoughts in general.

If you have a service you can recommend, post their link here (and maybe invite them to comment in the thread as well).

Thanks!
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
Caryl

Newsletter Service

Post by Caryl »

I don't use one myself but a few friends do when postage got too outrageous for them to mail. They regret not being able to write the personal notes that can be so important and are usually read first. Another friend has a daughter mail out the newsletters.
Caryl

Newsletter Services

Post by Caryl »

Looking through the Writing Exceptional Missionary Newsletters, I discovered she lists 5 services. Since we obviously all use the web I give you those addresses.

BMC Letter Service - www.bmcletterservice.com

Mission Center International - www.missioncenterintl.com

CRISTA Letter Service - letterservice@crista.net

Mailers Club - www.mailersclub.com

Innovative Graphics - www.missionaryprayercards.com
Brian Hogan

Calvary Missionary Press

Post by Brian Hogan »

We have been blessed for years by the prices and service of CMP. I don't have a web address but you can contact Scott Coverdale CMPress@juno.com (520) 745-3822
MrZed

Printing Service

Post by MrZed »

Here's an idea from a co-worker. www.sircooper.com. Copies are 15 cents a piece in COLOR! Black and white are a penny. Plus a penny a sheet for 20 # paper (or other charges for colored or heavy paper, and shipping as follows:

Shipping is free for anything that is OVER $75 or is 25lbs or less. If your order is over 25 lbs or under $75.00 than you will have to pay for shipping. Our shopping cart tallies the weight and will determine if your order will ship free. Free shipping is for ground service only. If you need your order faster than you will have to choose any of the options offered during the checkout process.

How much will shipping cost?
Shipping depends of the weight of your copies. We ship with DHL and they seem to be the cheapest for shipping rates. For 100 copies the shipping cost is over $6.00, for 500 copies the cost is around $9.00 and for 1,000 the cost is $12.00. Dont' forget to use your $5.00 off coupon to use towards shipping 5c7888. When you order online our shopping cart system will take the rates directly from DHL and give you the exact amount that the shipping will cost.

They do nice work.

Dan Zachary
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Sir. Cooper ... amazing prices

Post by jmuehleisen »

Dan,

Thanks for posting the link and the review of Sir Cooper.

Amazing prices. Now, if they would just do an envelope stuffing service as well!
John Muehleisen
Mentoring Emerging Christian Leadership in Africa for Excellence / Integrity / Innovation
MrZed

Envelope Stuffing

Post by MrZed »

Maybe we should ask about that service -- and applying the labels etc. But that would never leave us with an excuse for an envelope stuffing party and the GREAT TASTE of envelope glue!

Dan
sendcroatia
Type the middle number, please (202): 302

chalkline.org

Post by sendcroatia »

I've gotten good reviews abouts www.chalkline.org. You send them the file and they do the rest. They'll even put extra inserts, like reply envelopes, in the mailing if you send them a supply. It's what we are going to try!
Michael

How will they hear unless someone is sent?
MrZed

Docucopies

Post by MrZed »

www.docucopies.com is another printing service. I believe that they do a better job that sircopper mentioned previously.

Dan
MrZed

Re: Recommendations for Newsletter mailing services ?

Post by MrZed »

www.ityournews.tv is a site that creates newsletter templates for Churches and missionaries.
MrZed

Post by MrZed »

Another recommendation is www.mailchimp.com

Service is FREE for up to 500 e-mail addresses and less than 3000 e-mails sent per month. They help you build your e-mail 'campaign'. The FREE version includes an advertisement for mailchimp in each message. The paid versions don't have this ad.

Dan
dellio01

Post by dellio01 »

My brother does mine and is interested in more business.... Unfortunately he does not have a web site set up.
jmuehleisen
Site Admin

Post by jmuehleisen »

Give us the details for your brother, and folks can contact him directly.
John Muehleisen
dellio01

Post by dellio01 »

Here is the email for my brother: YourPrayerLetters@Gmail.Com